I am certainly not a baker because I like to get creative with the ingredients. I would call myself a savory cook, for sure. This recipe does not require a precise baker and is one of the easiest and delicious cookies you have ever had. I can surely make that guarantee!
My husband has a major sweet tooth so I had to keep these away from him as much as I possibly could.
Most of our weeknights I cook even with our busy schedule. There are many reasons for this- I love to cook (this may not apply to everyone and I understand that), it's cheaper than eating out or ordering in and its lower in calories. I am a 20 something year old girl and I can empathesize with anyone living alone and working hard jobs. I understand the difficulty of cooking after work. I am a resident physician, I can tell you this is the busiest I will ever get in my career but I found time to cook, not only to be creative but to create a time to cherish with my husband. At many times we cook and enjoy the recipes together. I would encourage everyone to cook at home as much as they can to stay in shape, save money and keep a traditional dinner alive. We try to restrict ourselves with 1-2 weeknights to have dessert usually and I would not say we would eat this recipe everyday but its okay once in a while ;-).
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Please email me your additional suggestions or constructive comments on this recipe on firstname.lastname@example.org
1 1/2 Cup of All-purpose flour
1 Stick of Unsalted Butter
1/2 Cup of Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
1 1/2 Cans of Condensed Milk (14 ounce cans)
1/2 Stick of Unsalted Butter
1/2 pound of Dark Chocolate Chips
1/2 pound of White chocolate Chips
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Using a hand mixer, mix together all-purpose flour, room-temperature butter, sugar and salt. They should resemble peas.
3. Set your batter on the bottom of a 8 x12 inch dish
4. Bake the shortbread mixture for approximately 20-25 minutes until it is golden brown on the edges.
5.In a saucepan, melt butter and then add in the condensed milk.
6. Stir until it appears to be amber colored (Approximately 15 minutes).
7. Layer your caramel mixture on top of the baked shortbread. Let it set for 10 minutes on room temperature.
8. Place a glass bowl on top of a saucepan and melt white chocolate.
9. Once the caramel layer is cooled, pour the melted white chocolate on top. Make sure it covers the entire shortbread. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
10. Repeat Step 9 with dark chocolate. Pour on top of the cooled white chocolate.
11. Place in the refrigerator to cool for 30 minutes.
12. Cut into 1 x 2 inch pieces and devour. It could be stored in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.